Holidays to Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf – the elegant and liveable city on the Rhine – stands for fashion, shopping, culture and extraordinary events. From the Königsallee, Germany’s most luxurious shopping boulevard, it’s just a stone’s throw to the historical Altstadt (Old Town) with its 260 bars and restaurants. The narrow lanes of the so-called “longest bar in the world” are pulsating with life. Take the time to sample the local “Alt” beer and traditional Rhineland specialities.
Enjoy peaceful walks along the Rhine promenade, explore the breathtaking architecture of the MedienHafen (media harbour) or relax in one of the cosy cafés and bars along Germany’s biggest river. Musicians and actors inspire their audiences at the Tonhalle (concert hall) and the Deutsche Oper am Rhein (German Opera on the Rhine), while Museum Kunstpalast and the Art Collection of North Rhine-Westphalia are popular for their remarkable exhibitions and collections.
Carnival, Jazz Rally, the Biggest Fun Fair on the Rhine, Japan Day and Christmas Markets – there is always a reason to travel to Düsseldorf!
Things to see and visit in Düsseldorf
●Try the local specialities, “Alt” beer and “Rheinischer Sauerbraten” at one of the many microbreweries in the Altstadt
● Discover breathtaking buildings designed by leading international architects in the MedienHafen
● Explore 26 museums and more than 100 galleries
● Dive into the nightlife at the “longest bar in the world” in the Altstadt
● Shop ’til you drop on the Königsallee
● Visit one of the beautiful 18th century Benrath Palace and Park.
● Get yourself a fancy-dress costume and celebrate with thousands of carnival fools during the city’s “fifth season” in February
● Take a boat to the historical district of Kaiserswerth and explore the ruins of Barbarossa’s imperial castle
● Visit the Düsseldorf Symphony Orchestra in the beautiful Tonhalle concert hall – the “planetarium of music”
● Enjoy Düsseldorf’s best panorama from the Rhine tower
DÜSSELDORF TRAVEL FACTS
Arrival Airport: Düsseldorf | 400km from Calais
(information is approximate and subject to change)